The minimalist, the classic, and the highly specific
Thanks to team building exercises, sporting events, and fundraising activities, tacky t-shirts have probably weaselled their way into your wardrobe. No matter how stained they get, you’ll never throw them out. They remind you of special moments.
However, custom t-shirt printing can offer more than just a memory of a good time. With a bit of creative flair, you can become your own personal designer. Here are our top picks for custom t-shirt designs, ranging from the simple but effective, to the detailed and highly personal.
Want to design your own custom t-shirt? Visit PrintLocker’s online t-shirt designer.
1. Graphic t-shirts
A picture is worth a thousand words, and simple graphics are the same. A simple, iconic graphic on a coloured or plain t-shirt makes for a vibrant contrast. There’s no limit to what a graphic tee can look like. Just choose an image that piques your interest and design away.
- • PrintLocker’s collection of feature artwork offers a refreshing selection of unique designs.
- • Simple graphics like skulls, animals, and silhouettes create a lasting impression.
- • Consider creative placements of your chosen graphic, like over a pocket, on the sleeves, and on the upper back of a shirt.
2. Music t-shirts
Band shirts are a staple of the merchandise table. They are also a common feature of festivals, gigs, and record stores all over the world. If your favourite band isn’t in town for a while, you can still create your own personalised t-shirt to celebrate their talent.
- • Band logos and song lyrics are copyrighted, so be careful when applying them to your custom t-shirt.
- • Adorn your band t-shirt with tour dates, album covers, or even photos of you at gigs.
- • If you just love music in general, PrintLocker has a range of music-themed graphics.
3. Custom pop culture t-shirts
With Marvel, Star Wars, and other media powerhouses jostling for our entertainment dollar, it’s plain to see that geek culture is well and truly mainstream. We all have our own favourite movies, TV series, characters, books, and story lines, so why not celebrate yours with a pop culture t-shirt?
- • Find your people by focusing on niche references. Game of Thrones fans will recognise the sigils of the Great Houses of Westeros. If you’re a Twin Peaks fan, a slice of cherry pie will do the trick.
- • When it comes to pop culture, minimalist t-shirt designs are all the rage.
- • Rather than use a trademarked image of a pop culture favourite, you can design or commission your own artwork online.
4. Custom sports t-shirts
Even if you aren’t a sports fan, you can’t argue that sports iconography exemplifies fanatic passion. From team colours, to player stats, there’s no limit to what you can add to your sports-themed t-shirt. Print some for your family and friends leading up to the big game.
- • Create a custom shirt design for your social sports team, complete with team name, nicknames and numbers.
- • Design a unique custom t-shirt to support your favourite team on their way to the finals.
- • Imagine your own fictional sports club and create a stylish t-shirt of your own.
5. Custom vintage t-shirts
An old favourite of street fashion trends, vintage and retro-themed t-shirts are a must-have addition to any wardrobe. Comfortable, cool and easily paired with a pair of jeans, PrintLocker’s selection of vintage designs will help you to look your casual best at any time.
- • Step back in time with designs that reference style from the 50s to the 80s.
- • The neon colours and surrealist elements of vaporwave are a very popular addition to custom t-shirts.
- • Vintage sports t-shirts and jackets offer a taste of the American collegiate experience.
6. Custom text t-shirts
Plain text turns heads. Text on a shirt reads like a headline on a newspaper. It’s eye-catching, resonating, and something that will be remembered. If you have a favourite quote, witticism, or quip, you can let everyone know by emblazoning it on a t-shirt.
- • Choose from a range of fonts, formats, and effects to produce the perfect text tee.
- • Known for a catchphrase? Print it on a t-shirt or hoodie of your choice.
- • Text tees are also ideal for marches, fun runs, festivals, and other social events.
7. Super specific, targeted t-shirts
Everyone is different. We all have our own desires, passions, and pursuits. Whether you want to celebrate your star sign or your weekend hobbies, you can create a custom t-shirt that tells the world about how unique you are.
- • Specific t-shirts are great at telling your backstory, from your birth month, to your personality traits.
- • Add arrows and flourishes to highlight specific textual or graphical elements.
- • Don’t be afraid to have some fun and be a little tongue-in-cheek!
Ready to create your own custom t-shirt, hoodie, or accessory? You can do that right away at PrintLocker’s online t-shirt design studio. If you are after something special, want to buy custom t-shirts in bulk, or have any questions about the t-shirt printing process, get in touch with our friendly team.